Dr Jan Venter
Dr Jan Venter was born in Pretoria South Africa. He received his medical training at the University of Pretoria. He is certified AND practice’s Ophthalmology in South Africa, the UK, the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands.
Dr Venter is the past Professor and Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Stellenbosch. He is also a past President of the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa. He was a founder member and Managing Director of the Port Elizabeth Eye and Laser Institute. He is the Medical Director Emeritus for the UK based company Optical Express after being the MD for 7 years.
Dr Venter has published and presented more than 200 original articles at international meetings and in peer review journals. He has received the DJ Woods award from the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa and the Achievement Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr Venter is a member of the following Societies:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The United Kingdom and Irish Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- British Society of Refractive Surgery
- Ophthalmological Society of South Africa
- Southern African Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
Dr Venter introduced Outpatient Cataract Surgery and Excimer Laser Surgery into South Africa.
Dr Venter also consults in Jeffreys Bay.
205 Cape Road
Mon – Thurs 8am – 5pm
Fri 8am – 4pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
+27 (0) 41 373 0682
After hours calls:
+27 (0) 41 374 0480