Common eye disease symptoms
Regular eye examinations are crucial as they check for any conditions or signs of eye disease which may affect your vision or overall health.
If you experience any of the following signs, symptoms or changes it is important to set up an appointment with your Optometrist, General Practitioner or Ophthalmologist.
- Hazy, blurred, or double vision
- Seeing flashes of light or sudden bright floating spots
- Seeing rainbows or halos around lights
- Seeing floating “spider webs”
- Sensing a “cup filling up with ink” in one eye
- Unusual, even painful, sensitivity to light or glare
- Swollen and red eyes
- Severe and/ or sudden eye pain
- Recurrent pain in or around the eye
- Sudden development of persistent floaters
- Itching, burning, or a heavy discharge in the eyes
- Any sudden change in vision